Saturday, March 31, 2012

moscow mules aka COCKTAAAIIILS!



i've had this cocktail bookmarked since summer time and i have no valid excuse for why i haven't made it (or even tried one!) until this weekend.


 the other night the mister and i went to crush   (i wore my party shoes)






for happy hour and i was finally able to set my lips to this drink (three times) and let me tell you, it was delicious. slightly sweet, with a little bite from the ginger beer, and a refreshing hit of mint and freshly squeezed lime juice. you can't even taste the vodka.




what vodka?

i am sitting cozily on my couch with moscow mule in hand, fuzzy blanket draped across my lap, watching arrested development. 

no time for chit chat, i see the bottom of my glass and that is unacceptable.

un. ac. cept. able.

happy saturday to you all!

***if you like my nail polish color it is a lovely teal by revlon, #471 fashonista.***


recipe via shutterbean via oprah

2 oz. vodka
2 tsp. simple syrup
Fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
1 cup ginger beer
2 sprigs fresh mint
2 slices of lime
 pour vodka over a glass of ice. add simple syrup and lime juice. top with ginger beer and stir. garnish with a mint sprig and lime slice.
i like to put a little bruised mint in the bottom of the glass under the ice to get a little more minty flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment